40 Year Celebrations
Note from Steven Sherman, Managing Partner
It is with great pride that in 2016 we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Ferrier Hodgson.
In 1976 Ferrier Hodgson was the first Australian based accounting firm to establish a dedicated specialist insolvency and reconstruction practice with the opening of offices in Sydney and Melbourne. In 1981 Ferrier Hodgson was also the first locally based firm to take its specialist services to the Asian region. The recession of the early 1980s and the Stock Market crash of 1987 saw a dramatic increase in the size of the firm and Ferrier Hodgson was firmly recognised as an industry leader, in not only the insolvency market, but importantly as a leader in specialty markets including Mining, Retail, Hospitality, Agriculture and Property, to name just a few.
In conjunction with our international affiliates Zolfo Cooper and KLC Kennic Lui & Co, we now have 68 offices around the globe and access to over 800 dedicated restructuring and advisory experts.
Although historically known for Corporate Recovery work, the firm we operate today is vastly different from the one that started in 1976. Over the years, the firm has continued to develop a suite of alternative complimentary service offerings. Our services now include:
(1) A peerless national Forensic Accounting and Forensic IT division
(2) A purpose built, customised state of the art electronic dataroom service, DealDocs
(3) In 2012, we launched Azurium, a boutique management consulting and real estate advisory firm, whose services include:
• Business strategy re-focus, value chain re-engineering and enterprise value enhancement
• Customer insights and engagement through specialist analytics
• Azurium Search, an Executive search division
• Azurium Real Estate, with vast experience in the fields of large-scale residential, commercial and retail property
(4) Ferrier Hodgson has also developed and operates a desktop and mobile application, PSiDAR, which enables users to conduct online, real time PPSR searches
Notwithstanding these additions and innovations to our services lines, Corporate Advisory and Corporate Recovery remains an important core offering of the firm.
Over the years, one of the greatest attributes of Ferrier Hodgson has been its culture and its people. We have been and we remain fortunate to employ a wonderful group of highly skilled and enthusiastic professionals and it provides great satisfaction to the partner group to see the continued development of talent who strive to provide a premium cost effective service in everything that we do.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many clients of the firm. We appreciate the deep relationships that we have developed and the support that has been provided over many years. Ferrier Hodgson remains committed to these relationships to ensure that they are fostered and not taken for granted.
We are undeniably proud of the history and heritage of the firm and we will be celebrating 2016 with staff and clients with a number of events across Australia. We have enjoyed a very successful 40 years and look forward to the continuing growth and development of the practice for many years to come.