In the ever diverse property industry, there are a number of broad trends underway which will continue to shape the property industry over the next decade and beyond.
Key trends include:
- The impact of technology on the way consumers shop will impact the retail and industrial property sectors;
- The aging population will see an increase in demand for retirement and aged care developments as well as readily accessible healthcare facilities;
- The emergence of 'uberfication' and its impact on the temporary accommodation sector via the advent of Airbnb.
- Similar disruptive technologies have also emerged in the office accommodation market with delivery of collaborative workspaces promising tenants community-based facilities; and
- Urbanisation and re-gentrification of inner-city precincts has increased demand for apartment living in locations with proximity to public transport, convenience shopping, entertainment and health-focused amenities.
Ferrier Hodgson’s property team has built up a track record in delivering successful outcomes in challenging situations.
Led by Will Colwell, our team has specialists across the country to ensure we have the right capability for each discrete property project, with relevant experience in the following property sectors:
- Aged care and retirement
- Backpackers, hotels and resorts
- Management rights
- Pubs and clubs
Our team's experience in the above sectors incorporates:
- Development management, from planning approval to certification
- Construction oversight
- Strategic property management, including tenancy mix
- Marketing and sale
- Management of contamination and remediation
- Formal insolvency solutions