Hospitality Insights 2017
Our Hospitality Insights document explores the key developments over the last 12 months and the outlook for the year ahead.
Ferrier Hodgson’s views are:
- Sales pricing in 2016 remained very firm while demand continued to greatly exceed supply, driving many buyers into previously less active regional areas.
- The sector has seen some consolidation, and the expansion of groups such as Dixon Hospitality and Casual Dining Group have been high profile examples of the level of capital being attracted to the sector.
- Very few headwinds have presented during the year, with the exception of the prospect of a rise in interest rates.
- Potential gaming reform and ongoing debates on extension of lockout laws create uncertainty, but have not dampened confidence in the sector.
Overall the industry remains a strong and vibrant contributor to the Australian economy.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Our hospitality team have assisted businesses transition throughout their whole life cycle, from obtaining finance, implementing new strategies and expansion to navigating more challenging times.
We understand the key drivers to the industry – regulation, access to finance and consumer trends and behaviour – and are adept at recognising problems with financial performance or operations and identifying and implementing practical solutions.
Our services cover:
- Due diligence services: acquisitions, divestments and portfolio reviews
- Strategic business reviews: pre-lending, performance improvement and strategic planning
- Assistance in obtaining debt or equity funding
- Business restructuring and change management