Christine provides expert advice on technical accounting issues, financial transactions and corporate governance.
Christine is a partner working across our Sydney and Melbourne offices. With a background in audit and assurance, she regularly provides plain-English advice to clients on the application of complex accounting (IFRS and GAAP) and auditing standards, particularly in a litigation context. Using this expertise, Christine has provided advice in relation to post-transaction disputes and class actions. Christine has also provided advice on auditor negligence.
Christine has extensive experience as an investigating accountant and consultant, performing detailed reviews of ASX-listed entities, large private companies and not-for-profit entities in relation to financial capacity, fraud, risk management, corporate governance and solvency. Christine has prepared expert’s reports in a large number of legal proceedings in a variety of commercial contexts, including the analysis of complex financial transactions and loss assessments.
Recent major projects
Advice on the application of various accounting standards, and the appropriateness of accounting, finance and corporate governance practices relating to class actions.
- In the capacity of consulting expert, advice on supporting a company’s EBITDA, the subject of an earn-out dispute.
- Opinion on the reasonableness of Normalised EBITDA in a post-transaction dispute.
- Advice on the appropriateness of audit opinions where a fraud was identified.
- Assessment of a company’s solvency in the context of a preference action.
- Review of corporate governance policies, procedures and practices at two unions.