David specialises in corporate restructuring and recovery having worked on many complex assignments
David has been at Ferrier Hodgson for over 25 years and was made partner in 2006. During his time at Ferrier Hodgson, David has been seconded to an affiliated office in the United Kingdom and a major Australian trading bank.
David has a broad experience in corporate restructure and insolvency across a wide range of industries. David has also undertaken a number of investigations, including confidential assignments. David specialises in both the hospitality and property sectors where he has an in-depth knowledge of the local market.
David is currently the Chairman of the SA/NT committee of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) and leads the South Australian Hospitality team.
Recent major projects
- The management and sale of a number of pubs under receivership.
- The receivership of Bianco, a major South Australian building material and construction group.
- Receiver and Manager of the Dunes Port Hughes golf course and residential development.
- Receiver and Manager to EzyDVD a national retail chain and online business with turnover of circa $100 million.
- Adviser to major retail banks in relation to various exposures in the hospitality industry.
- Receiver and Manager to Australia’s largest pomegranate orchard in the Murray Mallee.
- The management and sale of Adelaide Arena (Australia’s largest basketball stadium).
- Managing and realising distressed property portfolios across South Australia (including commercial, residential and agribusiness).
- Review of the two major thoroughbred racing bodies in South Australia (SAJC and TRSA)