Geoff has over 30 years' experience in corporate agribusiness management
Geoff has over 30 years’ experience in agribusiness management with large corporates, unlisted and family operations. His broad expertise spans grain, cotton, horticulture, processing, supply chain management, logistics, and both domestic and international marketing, and he also holds qualifications in animal husbandry, agriculture and management.
Geoff has played a key role in a number of major agribusiness assignments, including:
- Viability review of major horticultural operations for receivers and managers, including interim operational management, renegotiating supply contracts, asset identification and divestment.
- Pre-purchase assessments for private equity and investors with various potential horticultural, agricultural, rural service businesses and related investments.
- Overseeing the design and operational/financial control of several major primary and secondary food processing facilities.
- General Manager of Operations at Queensland Cotton Corporation for eight years, a major listed agribusiness with a divisional turnover of $45 million, with a lead role in the operational and financial assessment and due diligence of acquisitions and expansion plans across Australia, the United States, and Argentina.
- General Management positions at Namoi Cotton, Heine Brothers, and NT Agricultural Development and Marketing Authority.
- CEO of Stahmann Farms Inc (Australia), the world-renowned pecan and macadamia nut producer with an international vertically-integrated supply chain.
- Interim management of distressed businesses requiring immediate implementation of strategies and operational processes to enable ongoing viability, finance covenant compliance, contract compliance and maintenance.
- Chairman and Director of Australian Nut Industry Council, Industry representative of Horticulture Australia Ltd, Australian Cotton Shippers Assn, Australian Cotton Ginners Assn, Gwydir Valley Water Users Assn, Grain Research & Development Corp.
- Acquisition, ongoing management and development of a major food logistics and distribution company based in QLD and WA, including pre-packaged meals for airlines, remote catering facilities, providores, wholesalers and supermarket chains.