George has more than 25 years' experience in corporate restructuring and insolvency
George has more than 25 years experience advising stakeholders in corporate restructuring and insolvency. His experience covers many industries including Vocational Learning, Finance and Aged Care. George specialises in Pharmaceutical retailing and authors the Ferrier Hodgson Health Postcard and Ferriers Focus on the Pharmaceutical industry.
George is quick to identify issues within a business and find practical solutions.
Recent major projects
George was recently appointed Voluntary Administrator and subsequently Liquidator of Australian Careers Network Ltd and Phoenix Institute Pty Ltd who were Registered Training Organisations that provided VET Fee HELP courses.
Other key assignments have included:
- Appointed Advisor to Federal Government on Arrium Ltd in respect of any possible FEG claim.
- Administrator and subsequently Liquidator of Sonray Capital Markets, a finance broker where over $45M in funds was missing from client accounts.
- Administrator and subsequently Liquidator of Vocation Ltd a Vocational Learning listed entity.
- Appointed advisor to a major pharmacy chain.
- Appointed Receiver and Manager to a number of retail pharmacies in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
- Advised a major bank on its funding of a major generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Advisor to a major bank on its lending to a significant civil engineering operator.