Greg has specialised in forensic accounting, business valuations and loss quantification for over 15 years.
Greg leads the Ferrier Hodgson Forensics practice. He joined Ferrier Hodgson in 1989, became a partner in 1994 and established the Ferrier Hodgson Forensics practice in Melbourne in 2000. Today he heads up a strong team of professional staff with a broad skill base in forensic accounting, forensic IT and business valuations.
Greg is regularly called on to prepare expert reports and to give expert evidence, particularly in respect of:
- Loss and damage quantification;
- Complex accounting matters;
- Business valuations;
- Insolvency reports; and
- Shareholderclass action.
Greg provides advice to litigating parties, assisting them in assessing the merits of their damages claims or critiquing the opposing party's damages claims particularly in the context of shareholder class actions.
Recent major projects
- Ashahi v PEP & Ors - expert reports on complex accounting issues in a post sale dispute.
- Almas Almonds v Select Harvest - expert report on quantification of loss in a breach of contract case.
- Camilleri c Trust Company - expert report on financial issues in respect of a class action.
- Bill Express v Optus - expert report on date of insolvency.
- Webuildem v Arab Bank - expert report on complex loan account recontructions.
- Grocon v APN - expert report on reconciliation of building project costs.
- John Holland v Virgin Australia - expert report on quantification of loss regarding the termination of a contract.
- Saeco Australia - valuation of shares of minority shareholder in a minority oppression case.