James has 15 years experience specialising in restructuring and formal insolvency in Australia and the United Kingdom
James has been involved in numerous restructuring assignments and formal insolvencies, where turnaround, business sale and trading options have been perused to maximise value. He has a wide range of experience in various industries including finance, energy, aviation, retail, automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing.
James joined the Sydney office in 2009 having previously worked for Ferrier Hodgson’s UK affiliate Zolfo Cooper since 2000. During his career he has undertaken various assignments in Australia, New Zealand, south-east Asia, the UK and Europe
Recent major projects
- Financial advisor to banking syndicate regarding it’s A$270m exposure to the Callide C power station. The assignment involved the provision of ongoing restructuring advice and management of the subsequent receivership resulting in the repayment in full of the syndicate’s senior debt exposure
- Financial advisor to a syndicate of international lenders and Export Credit Agencies regarding its USD1.5 billion exposure to Jurong Aromatics Corporation, one of Singapore's largest integrated aromatics plants.
- Management of the Voluntary Administration of Payless Shoes, an Australian footwear retailer with over 130 stores.
- Investigating Accountant’s report and provision of subsequent restructuring advice to a banking syndicate in respect of two 30Mw biomass cogeneration power plants in northern NSW.
- Significant ongoing involvement in the receivership of Allco Finance Group resulting in distributions of over A$500 million to the Banking Syndicate to date.
- Provision of restructuring advise to the banking syndicate of a large UK / Australian healthcare recruitment group.
- Solvency review and restructuring advice to a banking syndicate involved in a major NSW infrastructure Public Private Partnership.
- Managing the post appointment trading and business sale of the Borders New Zealand and Whitcoulls businesses following the appointment of Administrators.