Jean-Pierre has some 12 years experience in Forensic IT and over 19 years experience in fraud investigations
Jean-Pierre joined Ferrier Hodgson in 2003 after migrating from South Africa to start the Forensic IT and Fraud investigation practice in Adelaide.
Jean-Pierre has spent more than 10 years in fraud investigations, the last ten focussed primarily on computer forensics. He started his career in forensic auditing with the South African Postal Services, which led to major investigations into postal theft, credit card fraud and corruption.
Jean-Pierre later headed up the forensic auditing division of a multi-national conglomerate, leading investigations in organised crime, money laundering and asset misappropriation schemes. During this time he practised in South Africa, England and the United States of America.
Recent major projects
Jean-Pierre has prepared independent expert reports in a number of legal proceedings and has provided advice to litigators in a number of matters in respect of data collection and analysis.
Jean-Pierre’s most notable cases include:
- Educational institution – utilised digital surveillance and computer forensics in an investigation into downloading and distribution of child pornography
- ASIC vs John West & Associates Pty Ltd – assisted in the presentation, analysis and discovery of electronic data
- Makris vs Klauber – conducted a fraud investigation into the misappropriation of company funds
- Government - investigated the “leak” of highly confidential material
- Food industry restored and searched terabytes of data in a multi million dollar electronic discovery