John has more than 30 years experience in corporate restructuring and insolvency
John is a Chartered Accountant and Registered Liquidator. He has been a Partner of Ferrier Hodgson since 1997. John’s specialisation is in the wine industry where he has undertaken a number of major assignments for both financiers as well as industry participants. Other industries which John has recently been involved in includes agribusiness, retail, renewable energy, automotive, manufacturing, engineering, aquaculture, mining, property and construction.
John heads up Ferrier Hodgson’s wine industry specialisation team.
Recent major projects
- Receivership of the Littore Wine Group, one of Australia’s largest private owner of vineyards and a winery.
- Receivership of Boar’s Rock, a significant contract wine processor, with wineries throughout Australia.
- Receivership of the Priority Engineering Group and the associated Ammow Property Group.
- Receivership of the Coonawarra Australia Property Trust and Prince Hill Wines Group, ASX listed entities with significant vineyards and wine interests.
- Receivership of the Poplars Winery and Chardonnay Lodge, both located in the Coonawarra, SA.
- Receivership of Solar Shop Australia.
- Other high profile assignments have included Ed Harry men’s retain chain, Balfours Bakery, Nautilus Australia Ltd, Torbreck Vineyards, Normans Wines, Colonial Wine Estate and Andrew Garrett’s Braidwood Vineyard and Management Group.