John has extensive experience in the fields of real estate, property and construction, hospitality, retail and financial services
John Lindholm has 25 years’ experience as a corporate insolvency and reconstruction professional. He became a partner at Ferrier Hodgson in 2000.
John has conducted numerous investigations into the affairs of companies on behalf of financiers and for the purposes of litigation and dispute resolution. His special skill is to quickly identify issues within a distressed business and to manage the interests of diverse stakeholders.
With a particularly good understanding of the property, building and the construction industry, John has conducted numerous formal insolvency realisation assignments and informal workouts where his pragmatic approach to problem solving has proven effective.
His experience includes the project management of a significant number of partially completed construction developments on behalf of financiers. These projects required detailed feasibility analysis and coordination of builders and contractors whilst managing union and creditor pressure.
In 2008, John was appointed Voluntary Administrator of the Opes Prime Group, one of the most complex administrations in Australian corporate history. Over two years, John oversaw the liquidation of the group and subsequent Scheme of Arrangement incorporating a settlement of $253m for the benefit of unsecured creditors.
Major recent projects
- Westville Central – sale of 29 retail sites and 50 residential apartments.
- Thanh Van – complete construction of 18 townhouse residential development.
- Yarra Glen Shopping Centre – property development.
- Cornerstone Group of hotels – 15 leasehold and 2 freehold hotels.
- Not Quite Right – retail grocery chain.
- Premier Village Developments – retirement village.
- Novak International – shopping centre and property development.
- Solar Shop – retail and commercial installation of Solar Energy Systems.
- Bettina Liano – retail fashion chain.