Martin specialises in corporate restructuring and formal corporate insolvency having worked on many complex assignments.
Martin is a Chartered Accountant and Registered Liquidator, he has been an insolvency and turnaround professional for over 25 years. In addition, Martin has worked in the United Kingdom and has held positions in Commerce within Australia. Martin has conducted many complex turnaround and strategic business reviews of large companies on behalf of major financial institutions, government and corporate clients. In addition, Martin has extensive experience in formal Corporate Insolvency assignments across a wide range of industries.
Martin has also been involved in confidential assignments involving syndicated banking arrangements resulting in successful restructure of facilities and security arrangements.
Martin is the Managing Partner of the South Australian office and is a past Chairman of the SA/NT Division of ARITA.
Recent major projects
- Appointed as Administrator and subsequent Deed Administrator of Wendy’s Supa Sundaes Pty Ltd.
- Liquidator of Termite Resources NL which operated an iron ore mine in Coober Pedy, SA.
- Advisor to the banking syndicate in relation to its exposure to a large and iconic Australian agribusiness.
- Advisor to a financier in regard to its exposure to a significant truck and commercial vehicle dealership.
- Administrator/Liquidator of Ed Harry involving 120 retail stores across Australia.
- Appointed as Administrator/Liquidator of BJ Jarrad Pty Ltd, a major civil works operation in Adelaide.
- Advisor to a syndicate of banks in relation to a Group which owned and operated 35 tourist parks across Australia.
Martin also played a key role in the restructure and sale of the National Wine Centre in Adelaide (on behalf of the State. Government) and the Harris Scarfe Group of Companies.