Ryan specialises in corporate restructuring and distressed and special situation investing advisory
Ryan is a partner of Ferrier Hodgson based in Sydney and leads Ferrier Hodgson’s special situations team. He has almost two decades of experience in a variety of corporate restructuring roles and advising on distressed and special situations.
Ryan regularly works with distressed and special situation investors to identify investment opportunities and implement investments. He has undertaken engagements across Australia, Asia, the US, South America and Europe.
His engagements include advising companies experiencing financial challenges, assisting financiers/investors to assess exposures, providing strategic advice and undertaking financial & operational restructurings.
Recent major projects
- Advisor to the lender to an ASX listed mining services business based in the Hunter Valley, NSW
- Receiver and Manager of Littore Family Wines, one of Australia’s largest privately owned vineyards and winery.
- Advisor to the syndicate to a large national equipment hire business with a fleet of over 4,000 units.
- Advisor to Mirabela Nickel, an ASX listed miner, which owns the Santa Rita nickel mine in Brazil with respect to the restructure of its debts of circa US$500m.
- Administrator of REDgroup Retail, owner of 280 Borders, Angus & Robertson and Whitcoulls bookstores in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
- Receiver of a shipping company, MAP Marine Limited, an Australian domiciled charterer and sub-charterer of vessels.
- Receivership of Allco Finance Group, a leveraged leasing business that had significant investments across a number of sectors including shipping, aviation, rail, funds management, infrastructure, property and global-assets division.
- Sell-side advisory to a financier with respect to their sale of a NPL portfolio in the Philippines.