Ryan has over twelve years' experience in financial advisory and turnaround specialising in the property industry
Ryan is a director with over twelve years’ of professional experience in the financial advisory and turnaround industry. Ryan’s focus has predominantly been in the real estate and construction sectors. Ryan holds a postgraduate masters degree in property investment and development.
Ryan has worked at a major bank utilising his analytical skills and strong property experience to assist with corporate restructures and turnaround strategies for institutional clients in distressed and non-distressed scenarios. Ryan’s experience while on secondment included managing a diverse portfolio in manufacturing, construction and property development sectors. As part of this role, Ryan’s was involved in a syndicated restructure, cash flow reporting and monitoring and internal collaboration to deliver structured solutions whilst managing downside risk.
Major recent projects
- Keystone hospitality which included a portfolio of bars, iconic pubs such as Cargo Bar and restaurants such as Jamies Italian. Ryan had direct involvement in operations, trading and leasing negotiations which was critical to achieving a successful turnaround of the businesses.
- Dick Smith, an ASX listed entity operating in the retail industry. Ryan managed the property portfolio of around 400 stores (nationally and internationally) and two distribution centres as well as liaising and negotiating with all major landlords. Ryan prepared analysis for the restructuring plan and managing the structured store closure programme.
- Sumo Salad restructure of the leasing entity including facilitating the renegotiation of various lease arrangements with landlords.
- Review of a diverse asset portfolio including various residential subdivisions, commercial properties and an aircraft with a valuations of over AUD 100m. Ryan performed a detailed review of valuations and feasibility analysis and recommended a series of strategies to improve the lender’s security position.
- Acted for the builder on a partly completed premium grade 40 storey office development following the collapse of a substantial and critical subcontractor.
- Engaged by a lender to restructure a property portfolio including residential and agricultural properties, an office tower and shopping centre.
- Advising a major Australian bank on large residential property developments valued at AUD 80m including realisation strategies