Scott leads the Forensic IT service line in Brisbane
Scott is the Director of Forensic IT in Brisbane for Ferrier Hodgson. With over 20 years of relevant experience, Scott combines his specialist IT and investigative skills to address contentious situations involving digital evidence. Formerly a Detective Sergeant in the Western Australia Police, Scott spent approximately eight years in the Technology Crime Services group, undertaking hundreds of digital forensic investigations and providing testimony as an expert witness in State courts and the Australian Military Court.
Scott holds a Masters of Digital Forensics and has participated in the execution of numerous search warrants for enforcement agencies at State and Federal levels.
As a result of his education, training and experience, Scott has a strong appreciation of investigation protocols and evidentiary requirements and has developed the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
Major recent projects
- Misuse of confidential information by a former employee of a property investment consultancy business.
- A conflict of interest regarding sponsorship arrangements at a high profile sporting club.
- A multi-million dollar theft by two high level state government employees.
- An execution-style homicide where the digital evidence was critical to the prosecution.
- An employee using fake credentials to gain employment in a C-suite position.
- An intellectual property theft of USD100 million dollars by a criminal group.