Scott has more than 10 years experience in the areas of corporate advisory and restructuring
Scott is a Director at Ferrier Hodgson based in the Melbourne office with over 10 years of experience in the areas of corporate advisory and restructuring.
Scott has extensive experience in advising key stakeholders of companies facing challenging financial circumstances across a broad range of industries, with a focus on the mining, energy, manufacturing and retail sectors.
He has played significant roles leading project advisory teams to a wide range of clients, including both public and private corporates, hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks and traditional lenders and is well versed in adapting his skill set to provide clients with meaningful, solution oriented advice in respect of the most complex corporate restructuring and insolvency scenarios.
Major recent projects
- Advisory team leader to syndicate lenders in respect of a base load coal-fired power station providing electricity into the National Electricity Market.
- Advisory team leader to a publicly listed global retailer which is a major player in the Asia Pacific market with a turnover of over $200 million.
- Mirabela Nickel Ltd – development of a plan to restructure debt of approximately US$500 million.
- Restructure of the Colorado Group, including the Mathers, Williams, Diana Ferrari, JAG and Colorado brands, with a total turnover of approximately $400 million.
- Advisory team leader to a publicly listed international mining company in respect of an underperforming asset adversely impacted by commodity price volatility.
- The successful sale of Man to Man, one of Australia’s leading specialist menswear retailers with a turnover approaching $50 million.
- Advisory team leader in providing vendor due diligence services in respect of a capital raising process for a global retailer with a turnover of over $200 million, in the early stages of transforming its business model to an omni-channel strategy.
- Advisory team leader in respect of a kitchen cabinets and storage systems manufacturer focused on the residential development industry.