Stewart’s experience spans corporate restructuring, insolvency and forensic accounting
Stewart is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Liquidator, Official Liquidator and was a Certified Fraud Examiner from 2005 until 2014. He has been a partner of Ferrier Hodgson since January 2012. Stewart’s experience ranges from conducting formal insolvency appointments to preparing expert insolvency and forensic accounting reports in various legal jurisdictions. He is sought out as an adviser for banking syndicates on technically complex matters, and has undertaken engagements in Australia, the United Kingdom, Asia and South America.
Stewart leads the Victorian Rural and Agribusiness team
Recent major projects
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager of The Littore Wine Group, one of Australia’s largest privately owned vineyards and winery.
- Adviser to a syndicate of international financiers regarding its exposure to an ASX-listed entity in the technology sector.
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager of WOW Audio Visual Superstores, one of Queensland’s largest electronic retail chains.
- Lead role in the administration and subsequent liquidation of Sonray Capital Markets, an investment advisory firm which collapsed owing investors approximately $45 million, and which involved successful court proceedings in the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
- Adviser to the banking syndicate of one of Australia’s largest and oldest agribusinesses.
- Adviser to AWB Limited in relation to the orderly wind down of its Brazilian operations.
- Adviser to UNICEF regarding the flow of donated funds, plant and equipment following the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.
- Adviser to Queensland Racing Limited regarding the financial impact to its stakeholders following the Equine Influenza outbreak.