Tim has more than 22 years experience in chartered accounting firms in Australia and the United Kingdom
Tim has been a partner at Ferrier Hodgson since 2005 and has more than 22 years experience in chartered accounting firms in Australia and the United Kingdom, conducting insolvency and turnaround restructuring matters including Receiverships, Voluntary Administrations and Liquidations and investigation of companies’ and individuals’ financial affairs.
Along with leading the forensics practice in Brisbane, Tim is an advisor to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission regarding financial assessment of contractors who tender for Government building contracts.
Major recent projects
Tim was instrumental in the restructure of Brisbane Concrete Pumping Group, Southeast Queensland’s largest concrete pumping business, successfully handing control back to the directors by a deed of company arrangement, with the secured creditor being fully paid out in 12 months.
Tim was also instrumental in the restructure of BMA Gold Limited and its subsidiary involving the operations of the Twin Hills mine. All secured, employee and unsecured creditors were paid in full, with the company relisting on the ASX.
Some of Tim’s other key assignments include:
- Receiver and Manager of Shenannigans Hotel, Cairns, a hotel and detached motel catering to the backpacker market, in which new management was installed and the business sold as a going concern within seven months.
- Receiver of the Lucky Aussie Hotel in Mackay, Queensland, which was sold as a going concern.
- Voluntary Administrator of Sunstate Transport Pty Ltd, which was sold as a going concern.
- Receiver and Manager of Rutherfurd Group, a Mt Isa-based mining services company, involving the realisation of circa $5 million of plant and equipment, and circa $5 million of residential and industrial properties.
- Administrator and subsequently deed administrator of Southern Pacific Petroleum NL.
- Administrator and subsequently liquidator of Roamfree Limited.
- Receiver of Reef Bill Pty Ltd, comprising 27 developed residential lots at Parklakes Estate, Bli Bli, Queensland.