Warwick has over 40 years experience in global agriculture, with specific expertise in large livestock and farming operations in Australia
Warwick has been Ferrier Hodgson's agribusiness consultant for over 12 years. Warwick has consulted at an industry and corporate level to some of Australia’s biggest agribusiness corporations. With Ferrier Hodgson, he frequently undertakes complex confidential assignments involving the turnaround and performance enhancement of large agribusinesses. Warwick has rural science qualifications from the University of New England.
Warwick was founder and for 14 years Managing Partner of Macarthur Agribusiness, one of Australia’s best-known agribusiness advisory firms. Warwick has also held a number of senior management and director positions, and is currently a director of GP Cattle Ltd, which owns an 8,000-head breeding and backgrounding operation based at Longreach and Condamine, Queensland.
He has specific expertise in large corporate beef and feedlot operations, and was a key advisor to prospective purchasers of Stanbroke Pastoral Company in 2003.
Major recent projects
- Operational review and financial restructuring of a AUD150 million-plus integrated beef and farming enterprise, including analysis of a 40,000-head beef breeding, backgrounding, and feedlotting chain operating across Queensland.
- Review of an iconic Northern Territory-based commercial and stud cattle operation, subsequent to the July 2011 suspension of live export trade with Indonesia.
- Review of a 6,000-head beef operation in northern New South Wales, to advise the owner on enhancing productivity and profitability throughout the breeding and finishing enterprises.
- Review of a AUD30 million South East Queensland beef feedlot operation, including succession planning or analysis of options for sale of the business.
- Review of a 10,000-head feedlot and a large scale dairy in South East Queensland, including a detailed operational review and financial restructuring.
- Operational responsibility for several receiverships of large cattle stations across north and central Queensland.
Warwick has also consulted at industry level in the beef and feedlot industries, and recently concluded the following projects:
- Reviews for Meat and Livestock Australia, of both the Australian live export industry, and the effectiveness of the $1.50 beef levy.
- Project director for West Australian Beef Stocktake, to provide an objective analysis for the West Australian beef industry and supply chains for the West Australian Beef Stocktake Committee and Meat and Livestock Australia.