Will has more than 29 years of experience in corporate recovery and restructuring
Will has been a partner at Ferrier Hodgson for 15 years and is the Queensland Practice Head, leading a team of three partners and 35 staff. He has more than 29 years of experience in corporate recovery and restructuring and is involved in all forms of insolvency administrations. He specialises in the property, agribusiness, energy and resources, and retail sectors.
Will works closely with senior financiers and bankers, and is highly regarded for solving complex problems and providing clear and unequivocal advice.
Major recent projects
Will was particularly active in the Queensland property market during the GFC across all sectors, including tourism, residential, retail, office, industrial, and development sites. In particular, these assignments involved project completion, resolving complex approval regimes with councils, and implementing workout strategies to optimise value without the need for enforcement.
Will also heads up Ferrier Hodgson’s rural and agribusiness group and is actively involved in this sector, specifically in relation to bank exposures in the northern Australian cattle industry.
Some of Will’s key assignments include:
- Couran Cove Island Resort, a world-class, AUD300 million, 358-unit integrated tourist resort on the Gold Coast, including development land, marinas, and island infrastructure, effecting an exit on behalf of the US-based owners.
- Beach Road Holiday Homes, Petrac Group’s landmark $200 million eco-tourism project on Noosa North Shore, involving 48 luxury eco homes, development land, caravan park, hotel/resort, and equestrian centre.
- Project S - Restructuring and ongoing workout of a three-stage, 182-apartment project on the Gold Coast.
- Project BG – Review and implementation of an ongoing workout strategy of prime developer withholdings, including a 4,850m2 NLA commercial/retail centre, 1,350m2 convenience retail centre, multiple development sites, and strata holdings.
- Project LiveEx - Review of a 450,000 acre Northern Territory commercial and stud cattle operation, subsequent to the July 2011 suspension of the live export trade with Indonesia, involving modelling, restructure options, and planning the divestment of non-core assets.
- Project Farm - Review and financial restructure of a circa AUD100 million-plus integrated beef and farming enterprise, including analysis of a 40,000 head beef breeding, backgrounding, and feedlotting chain operating across Queensland.