Wynand leads the forensic accounting practice in Sydney
Wynand joined Ferrier Hodgson in 2006 and became a partner of the firm in July 2014. Wynand is a chartered accountant and specialises in litigation support, particularly in respect of economic loss and damage assessments. Wynand has prepared expert’s reports in a large number of legal proceedings and has advised clients in respect of loss and damage and a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters including compliance with financial accounting standards in the context of litigation. Wynand has for several years participated in the delivery of the Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand postgraduate program and he regularly volunteers as an expert witness for the bi-annual mock trials organised by the NSW Bar Association. During his time at Ferrier Hodgson, Wynand spent 12 months on a secondment with Zolfo Cooper in the UK.
Recent major projects
Wynand has prepared and been involved in the preparation of independent expert reports in a large number of legal proceedings and has provided advice to litigating parties, assisting them in assessing the merits of their damages claims or critiquing the opposing party’s damages claims.
His recent experience includes:
- Review of financial accounts prepared after the sale of a business in light of alleged representations made by the vendor pre sale resulting in the successful unwinding of the transaction.
- Acted as a consulting expert in assisting with the defence of a number of ASX listed companies in shareholder class actions.
- Reviewing and investigating allegations of misappropriation and misuse of clients’ funds for commercial clients.
- Assessment of a company’s solvency for potential insolvent trading and preferential claim proceedings.
- Quantification of loss and damage in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land for public purpose(Taverns Pty Ltd v Transport for New South Wales).