Ferrier Hodgson is committed to respecting your privacy.
The personal information we may collect about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a client, supplier, contractor, job applicant or in some other capacity. Ferrier Hodgson:
- typically collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about clients: name, job title, contact details, communications between you and us, financial information and banking details and business references.
- typically collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about contractors, service providers and suppliers: name, job title, business contact details of company representatives with whom we deal, financial information and banking details.
- in the context of your use of our website, may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you: your name, contact details and any messages or comments you submit to us via the website, eg: through an email or "Contact us" page. However, the only personal information which we collect about you when you use or website is what you tell us about yourself, such as when you register for an online publication or information you provide us when you send us an email.
- in the context of our recruitment process for employees and contractors, may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you: name, contact details, date of birth, citizenship, employment references, civil, credit and criminal records, driver's licence information, education, employment history, marital status, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union and health information. In the employment context, we may also collect and hold your tax file number, financial information and banking details.
- In most cases, we will collect personal information about you directly from you, through meetings with you in person, or via other contact methods such as by telephone, facsimile, e-mail and mail, or when you complete an application form or request further information about our services through our website. However, we may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties: government agencies, publicly available records, service providers, parties to whom you refer us, including previous employers and referees, online searches and social media.
In common with many commercial websites, we may also collect aggregated information that tells us about visitors to the website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help administer and improve the website.
Use of site cookies
The website may use 'cookies', small text files which are placed on your hard drive to store information. Permanent cookies may be used to store user settings, like your preferred location.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To provide the services that our clients have requested.
- To contract out some of our functions to external service providers and contractors (such as mailing houses and printing companies, IT, advertising and marketing).
- To maintain, manage and develop our relationship with clients.
- To administer and operate our online subscriptions.
- To collect feedback and comments on us or the website.
- To accept and consider applications for employment from prospective employees, contractors and service providers.
- To develop and manage relationships with our employees, contractors and service providers.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Product Promotion and How to Opt Out of Direct Marketing
We may use and disclose your personal information to contact you about new services relevant to your business. You may tell us at any time that you do not want us to use your personal information for direct marketing by updating your contact details at www.ferrierhodgson.com.au (under the “Publications” tab)
We may disclose information to anyone acting on our behalf such as for the purpose of providing electronic newsletters to our subscribers. However, we are unlikely to disclose personal information about you to anyone outside Australia.
Under the Act we are entitled to collect sensitive information about you under certain circumstances, including but not limited to, where the collection is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
Where we are required to, we will seek your consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose for collection at the same time.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations, which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We hold the personal information we collect on electronic databases and retain hard copy records.
We are committed to maintaining:
- Safeguards to protect personal information against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- Industry standards for the security and protection of information. We endeavour to ensure that personal information is stored securely and access is restricted to authorised personnel only. Our computer systems require access passwords, and these are kept secure by our personnel.
- Internal policies on management of personal information, and staff training to help reasonably ensure compliance with these policies. All our staff are required to read this policy and understand their responsibilities in relation to personal information.
Access to Information
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy issues, you may contact us at email@example.com
. Alternatively, if you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us at ComplaintOfficer@fh.com.au