A wide range of stakeholders rely on our rigorous valuations to support transactions and management decisions, resolve disputes, and ensure financial reporting and taxation obligations are met.
Companies and their investors and lenders often require valuations of businesses, shares, or other assets to support investment and financing decisions in the context of capital budgeting, acquisitions and divestments, for financial reporting or taxation purposes, or to resolve disputes with significant value at stake.
These valuations, and the decisions that rely on them, are often scrutinised by commercial counterparties, auditors, regulators, litigants, courts and tribunals.
Our valuation specialists deliver valuation reports in commercial and legal contexts and will provide expert evidence where required.
Our valuation capability includes valuations of businesses, equity, goodwill and other intangible assets in a range of contexts, including:
- Disputes between shareholders, joint venturers or commercial counterparties;
- Purchase price adjustment mechanisms;
- Purchase price allocations and asset fair values for financial reporting purposes;
- Assessment of capital gains and other taxation matters;
- Executive incentive calculations;
- Cashflow modelling, scenario and sensitivity analysis; and
- Cost of capital estimation for capital budgeting and regulatory purposes.
Why choose Ferrier Hodgson
Our valuations team has experience across a wide range of valuations. On each engagement, our team provides:
- An independent and objective mindset;
- Technically sound valuations methodologies appropriate to the commercial context;
- Opinions supported with detailed analysis of market data and other evidence that we stand behind; and
- Clear reports.
A number of the Partners are accredited as CA Business Valuation Specialists by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.