In response to incidents, or suspect internal or external breaches of your systems, our Forensic IT specialists can be deployed rapidly to investigate and report.
We are frequently engaged to conduct investigations into incidents where the precise details of the incident are still unclear. In these circumstances, we are well placed to act as first respondents, and liaise with and brief client boards, external system providers and (where necessary) law enforcement.
Where the business has suffered a financial loss through the incident, our forensic accounting team is able to step in and undertake a properly quantified analysis of loss and damage suffered using best practice methodologies.
Our investigations can cover:
- Execution of search orders and Anton Pillar orders to properly preserve electronic evidence
- Electronic fraud and industrial espionage
- Network penetration or intrusion
- Unauthorised system access
- Data breaches
- Malware, malicious activity and Advance Persistent Threats (ATPs)
- Data wiping, corruption or unauthorised access or copying
- Risk Assessments
- Cyber-security reviews and analysis
- Covert data preservation to preserve source evidence whilst internal investigations are completed
- Providing expert reports to support claims under business insurance policies
Why choose Ferrier Hodgson
We can provide specialists to undertake investigations and incident responses. Our team members provide:
- Experience in quickly identifying the extent of the damage, and precisely how the incident may have occurred
- Time critical investigations, cutting though the noise to investigation the facts
- Reports that articulate the findings in a concise and clear manner to assist our clients to easily understand their position
We also have the necessary government clearances and police background checks for our team undertaking these investigations.
Our national coverage and international affiliations mean that we can coordinate national and international assignments.